Saturday, February 5, 2011

Originally a weekend where

I was to go and have a weekend with the girls...it did not happen due to circumstances beyond some of my control. Also, with talks of snow occurring (I could care less if it is just a light flurry, I dislike driving in snow at night...likely what I would've had to do.)
Then Bill left for the day (and maybe the night)
So I'm here at home watching Food Channel's Chocolate Weekend, doing homework for my Vet Assistant class, and spending time with my two kitty girls. Both are sleeping right now, and I'm happy. I'm happy to be home so Bella doesn't have to be stuck in the bathroom. I re-arranged my book case so Cordelia cannot nom on my faerie figurine. Played with her several times (never seems to tire her out!)
A second half-pot of coffee made...probably wax my eyebrows too. Eventually make myself something for lunch...I'll admit to indulging on a McGriddle for breakfast.
I'm just content right now.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're content right now, Josie. Truly.

    Back in the fall, one of the cat bloggers had a quote from a book, can't recall the author or the exact words, but to paraphrase: There are no happy endings, only happy moments and happy days.

    And this is true. No one escapes pain and suffering and sorrow in life, and no one escapes death. So seize those "content" moments and savour them!

    Sending lots of hugs and Light and kitty kisses to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to you and your family (human and furry) also!

    I'd rather have content moments, because it feels like happiness at the perfect level, and seemingly much easier to attain than euphoria.

    With Bill's excursion this afternoon to Wisconsin, he did make a stop at Petco for me. Some of it was to do something at his choice since he is in for an annoying journey (his friend brought his two boys...who aren't the most amazingly behaved boys in the world)
    So a Da Bird refill and some Good Cat supplement will coming home when Bill does. :)

    Cupcake wars will be on soon! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete