Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas turned out to be

such a mixture of emotions. Happy, sad, joyous, overwhelming, and thankful...all rolled into one.
Hubby gave me money to go towards my donation to the local animal welfare group I adopted Cordelia Joy from-Humane Society of NE IA aka Paw.
The kitties had a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas. Food, treaties, and some toys....blankets that I had knitted for them, and Katie was kind enough to make them a kitty nip toy!
Bella sniffed the toy last night and rubbed her face on it. Cordelia decided playing with her blanket was better than sleeping on it.
My mum gifted me with an Amazon gift card, so I have 3 books a-coming, and best part, I still had money left over from signing up for my Amazon c.card...so the 2 dollars and change I had to 'pay' will actually come off the negative balance! (giggles)
Miller Christmas had a few um...chaotic moments. We lived tho.
Smith Christmas resulted in my being asked in a way that I thought was a joke, if I was going to cut my cousin's hair. I thought it was be being teased... evidently not. I was a bit flabbergasted by the whole scenario. So I might be doing a haircut for my cousin tonight or tomorrow.
My dad gifted us with our usual gift of money...but he did something even more surprising, which resulted in my bawling all the way home. He had wrote me a check for pretty much more than half of what the online vet assistant class would cost me. I know it sounds hokey...but it'll go over medical terms, book keeping/record keeping, etc. I figure this would be a good way for me to figure out if I want to go to school to learn to be a vet tech...I don't want to bite off more than I can chew...this will basically introduce 'school' back to me. Now I can't chicken out anymore. I'm going to wait until after the first of the year...try and save a little bit more first...but basically, it's going to happen.
I had called and left my dad a message mentioning this, and if he thought it was a good idea. He called the next day with really not much time to talk. I figured it was done purposely...figured he probably poo-poohed the idea. I guess not.
With all that's going on with Bella Mae and just...life in general...simply overwhelmed. I guess it was good for me to cry about something, because I did get a lot of cry out.
Now, getting myself psyched up for work today. Wootwoot.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like good things coming your way!!
    {{hugs}}
    The New Year will be even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so! I hope it is a great year for you too :)

    ReplyDelete