this time? IBD. It's been talked about before, but is pretty much the most likely diagnosis for Bella Mae at this time. I've had a suspicion of this, and have been reading about ibd and bookmarked the site ibdkitties.com and all that good stuff. So, essentially I'll have to keep doing what I've already been doing and then some. She has medication for me to give her twice a day for a month-but I'll likely be waiting until after we get back from Iowa City before doing so. Will be looking for more food that doesn't have chicken, and will stock up on more moist foods that are acceptable. It's frustrating because it seems food tends to be thrown more than eaten...moist-wise that is. Also difficult because I don't like to 'free feed' but I'm having to for Bella's sake. If she goes too long between meals, she'll throw up.
Sooooooooooooo finding the right balance of food and stuff to add to the food to assist with digestion, etc.
It's not a death scentence by any means, but it does mean we will have some struggles here and there.
There is light tho-Bella's CREA levels are down to normal!!! This is great news as she's been above normal for about a year! (her values were high when she had her teeth cleaned in March and they were high several months after when she had her 'episode' when she refused water/food) to have them down to normal is a huge sigh of relief for me. Go Bella Mae!